This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. That means that if you make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read more here.
There are so many things to be grateful for in life. Each day is a reminder that no matter how dark the night, the sun will always rise again in the morning. It’s essential to appreciate the simple joys of life because they are what makes life worth living.
From appreciating the pretty hues at sunrise to spending precious time with loved ones, people who choose to live simply know that the small moments add up to create a beautiful life. Read on to find out more!
☕️ What does embracing the simple joys of life mean?
Embracing the simple joys of life means taking a step back to appreciate the small things that make us happy and give purpose and meaning to our lives. It means slowing down to savor the moments we have instead of rushing through them.
It’s about recognizing the little joys that are all around us if we only take the time to look for them.
We hope this list will inspire you to find joy in the everyday moments and be grateful for all the good things that life has to offer!
RELATED POST: 25 Tips to Slow Down and Enjoy Life to the Fullest
⭐️ Greatest simple joys in life
Here is a list of things to bring you joy and delight in each joy.
Read until the end and if you don’t see your favorite on this list, make sure to add your top pick down in the comment section below!
Simple joys of the body
- The feel of the wind on your face.
- Singing along to your favorite song.
- Listening to the sound of falling raindrops.
- Eating cool ice cream on a hot summer day.
- Going for a long walk, run, or bicycle ride.
- Watching the leaves fall in autumn.
- Dancing to your favorite song.
- The smell of fresh laundry or newly mown grass.
- Laying down in bed after a long and tiring day.
- Taking a relaxing bubble bath to soak sore muscles.
Simple joys of the mind
- Curling up with a good book.
- The pleasure of a well-organized room or space.
- Tackling a challenging crossword puzzle or Sudoku.
- Losing yourself in a great conversation.
- Achieving a goal you’ve been working hard towards.
- Learning something new and exciting.
- Solving a complex problem.
- Meditating with a clear and empty mind.
- A quiet moment savored over a cup of hot tea or coffee.
- Giving and receiving compliments.
Simple joys of relationships
- The first time you say, “I love you.”
- Holding hands.
- Going for long walks together.
- Watching the sunrise or sunset.
- Having a picnic.
- Cooking a new recipe to enjoy together.
- Watching a show or Netflix on the weekend in your pajamas.
- Sitting together in front of a cozy fire.
- Planning a trip or vacation together.
- Receiving a handwritten love letter or poem.
Simple joys of the spirit
- Laughing out loud.
- Keeping a gratitude journal.
- Singing along to your favorite song at church.
- Volunteer your time or money to charities.
- Speak with a mentor or spiritual leader.
- Let go of the past and move on.
- Setting personal goals and achieving them.
- Allowing yourself to dream big for the future.
- Trying out a new experience or challenge.
- Say positive affirmations each day.
Simple joys of parenthood
- Hearing your baby’s first word.
- Watching your child take their first step.
- Snuggling up with them to read a book together.
- Tucking them in at bedtime.
- Cheering them on as they blow out the candles on their birthday cake.
- Playing your favorite sports together.
- Seeing them master a new skill, like tying their shoelaces or buttoning up their shirts.
- Giving them hugs, kisses, and ruffling their hair.
- Having a snowball fight and building igloos in winter.
- Creating family rituals, like game nights or eating special meals together on certain days of the week (i.e., Taco Tuesday or Pizza Friday.)
🤔 Which simple Life Joy is your favorite?
There are so many joys in life, both big and small, and we want to know them all! Did any of these joys speak to you in particular, or was your top pick missing from this list?
What’s your favorite simple joy? Be sure and let us know in the comments below!
Here are more blog posts you might enjoy:
- 50+ Best Mottos to Live By to Inspire and Encourage You
- 100 Ways to Simplify Your Life and Be Happier